Include Your Fur Baby in the Thanksgiving Festivities
As you enjoy the savory prep of your family’s turkey, this tasty creation can be a safe, delicious Turkey Day dinner for your fur baby to devour! Trim slices of the white meat of the turkey (the lean portion) after it’s prepped and done cooking. While the oven is still ready and warm, prepare the following for Fido and Fluffy while everyone gathers the goodies for that festive feast!
Ap-“paw”-tizing Thanksgiving Meatloaf
8 ounces white meat turkey, cooked
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/3 cup baked yam
3/4 cups oatmeal
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place turkey, egg, carrots and yam in blender. Mix well.
3. Add oats, and continue to blend until smooth.
4. Spoon into muffin pan, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
5. Bake 15-20 minutes. Cool and serve.
Serving size: 2-3 meatloaves per large dog; 1 per small dog or cat
Dr. Hennessey’s Top 5 Thanksgiving Day Threats for Pets:
- Fatty meat trimmings
- Bones (raw and cooked)
- Bread dough ingestion
- Sweets: xylitol (artificial sweetener) and chocolate